Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Struggling with weekends

I hear you @Bb82 .

Big hugs for you. 

In the beginning, distraction is one of the best coping strategies. Over time, as you practise and become more efficient with other strategies, you'll hopefully be able to manage in a more healthy way.

Are you regularly working with a therapist at the moment?

tyme

Hi @Bb82 ,

Any plans for tomorrow as yet?

Thinking of you,

tyme

Thanks @tyme
No I the lovely therapist I was seeing retired some time ago. Unfortunately living in a country town makes seeing others rather difficult. There is a minimum 3 month wait to see one and then there is a huge gap to pay, which I just can't afford being a single parent with 3 kids.

After work today I went to yet another garden nursery and brought some more plants so I'm hoping the weather is decent enough for me to make a good start on the garden. Failing that my daughter's bedroom needs a good going through so will turn the music up and try to achieve that at very least. 

How did today go for you @Bb82 . I understand weekends are challenging for you, so i wanted to check in to make sure you are ok.

Thinking of you,

tyme

oh dear @Bb82 I know that feeling a little too well at the moment, let me start with the positive though I think your children are lucky to have you and you them at this time, but yes that feeling of Lonliness is never easy especially like you say wanting,needing someone to have a coffee with,have a chat too,spend time with ,Ive had a simular feeling of needing others company lately but for two or three days to no avail,so straight back home,under the bed covers watching movies or Lighting a candle,I think we all need to be reminded that one its ok to feel the way you do and two it can feel like something we cant conrtol,but your definetly not alone,companionship,longing for company wether it be friendships or romantic is both a beutifull yet sad part of being human,sad when that need isnt fullfilled,I hope that you have been focussing on self care and maybe spending time with friendship type groups first might help,just for somewhere you can talk and vent ect please take care LostAngel

My head hurts. Earlier today I wanted to not be here anymore. I left the kids at home and went for a drive, looked at trees as I was driving past thinking how good it would be to not feel anything anymore. I sent a message to a friend who drove to my house and sat with my kids till I returned and talked for a while. I feel so hopeless. I'm not sure how much more I can take of this existing in pain every day. I started taking st John's wort hoping it would help but I don't think it's done anything. I have no joy in my life which is even a horrible thing to say considering I have 3 beautiful kids. I'm just a horrible selfish ungrateful person

I'm sorry to hear things are still tough on the weekends @Bb82 .

Do you have a therapist you can work through these feelings with? Or perhaps having a chat to you GP is a good start?

I'm here if you need a chat. I was one who always found weekends difficult too.

If at any time you feel unsafe, please reach out to:

• Lifeline on 13 11 14
  • beyondblue on 1300 224 636
  • Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
  • 000 if in immediate danger

tyme

No I don't have anyone to talk to about these things except my best friend. She just says call the help lines, which I do and honestly they don't help. 

Hey @Bb82 ,

Just thinking, have you spoken to your GP about how you struggle with weekends? Perhaps you can get a mental health care plan and speak to someone 'outside' about it.

Thoughts?

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance