Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Haha @Former-Member I'll remember that one

Not sure @Sophie1 some type of lilly flower maybe??

Beautiful pics @Shaz51 

Here are a couple of pics of my latest persistent visitor to my back garden.  Its a kookaburra who has been visiting regularly and sitting on our rose arch.  Its not far from our fish pond.  I wonder is it after the water or maybe my 1 remaining fish?

@Former-Member @Maggie  @eudemonism  @Smc  @Sophie1  @Shaz51 

Sherry 

Kookaburra on Rose ArchKookaburra on Rose ArchSame Kookaburra the next daySame Kookaburra the next dayAnd again .........And again .........Is this fish what Kooka is after?Is this fish what Kooka is after?

Could be either @Former-Member .
I love kookaburras, but years ago, we had one hanging around on our clothesline and looking with great interest at some tiny newly hatched chicks that Mumma Chook was taking out for a forage. Oooh, its beak looked huge and sharp in that context.

Speaking of which, our two half-grown chooks seems to be getting more settled in. Big Boss established chook was being a bit territorial at first, so I put in a bit of shelter around a second water bowl and feeding spot. for them They're getting their courage up to get closer to her now, so I've stopped putting food in the second spot, but will leave the second water bowl in place until I'm really confident that they can hold their own.

Once they're fully grown, they'll be about the same size as Boss Chook, so I wonder if the pecking order might get a bit of reshuffling down the track.

@Former-Member 

Kookaburras are part of the kingfisher family of birds and I would not be surprised if your goldfish was of interest 😵.

Got a fair bit of weeding done today whilst Mr Darcy mowed. The yard is slowly starting to look presentable. 

Mr Darcy going hammer and tongs with weeding, has done another section of our garden. Thankfully we are having some cooler weather.  The sad thing is it looks like we will be leaving this garden just as it is really starting to come together.  

I'm thinking I should be starting to prepare beds for autumn garlic etc. plantings. It sounds a long way off, but I've got a track record of planting things late for all the assorted reasons. It's a record I'd like to change.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance