Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

Thankyou. That's all I do these days is work my bum off to remain calm. I am the one holding it all together and I feel myself falling but I will pick myself up and start again in the morning.
Lockdown 2nd time round is phsychologically harder for everyone. Victoria is in a dreadful headspace. We are blessed to be in the country region. Low grade depression sneaking in on mass with small business that made it through the first time falling over everywhere we look. Be prepared has gone by the wayside. Hoping hoping, hoping spring will bring with it a glimmer of hope. Too many hurting financially. Too many unable to ask for help. Day by day. Honestly.......THE ONLY WAY.

I am feeling much the same @Carlachris, we are in Melbourne and it has all become too much

@LizzieLou @Carlachris 

we had an outbreak of the virus an hour down the road from where we live a couple of months ago. It just sort of feels surreal how the world is at the moment. It is an extra challenge when you struggle with MI in your household. One of my hubby's coping strategies is to get out of the house and go for a drive. When things like that are no longer an option it is very difficult. We played a lot of cards. 500 is our game of choice, but is better with 4 people so cribbage was the next best option. We also played a scrabble and Squatter. He really struggled on the days I went to work though.
Take care both of you 💕 

It's awful to feel the loneliness of exclusion. It hurts. Some people will never understand. I find they are very compassionate and basic in their beliefs not being able to see further than their own self interests. So POOH to THEM. It's difficult having friendship but the ones that matter really matter and those that don't fall by the wayside. Big hugs from me to you. 

That's a huge thing to be doing. My dear friend was the recipient of a kidney last Christmas. Complete success and living the dream from the generosity of a stranger. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart for being a doner. Love and sunshine. 

It has hasnt it. There seems to be a shift this time more fearful. It's sinking in for the long run. We have MIL in Aged Care and the facility has been Excellent all precautions taken above and beyond for months now. One staff member cross contaminated from another facility but have since had the total all clear of entire facility. Dodged the worst case scenario. It's so tentative. Hubbie dare I say is ok but that's only because we remain Isolated at home. He is unable to cope in public. I'm hoping spring will come early. The depths of winter is too much this year. Day by day we hope will see us all through.

Hi @Emelia8 

There are others here who have been caring for their partners who are in it for the long haul. Feel free to join in here if you would like to. 

How are you and yours going @Jay-e  @Scoo  @kaygee  @Magneto

Hello @Scoo , are you ok my friend  xxx

Hello @Shaz51 @Former-Member lovely of you to check in on everyone. It's taken me a while to respond. Sorry about that. I've been suffering from migraines for weeks now so I'm either working, or have a migraine or I'm recovering from one. So my self care strategies have gone out the window unfortunately. Hopefully I will figure out why these migraines are happening and get back into enjoying life a bit more. 
Hubby had some counselling with a psychologist and has been doing really well since then. CBT and spirituality seem to be working for him. Thanks to this forum I have learnt to be more patient and understanding. His mental illness will never completely go away because he can't erase his traumatic childhood but I've learnt that it makes him the unique person he is. 
I just sometimes wish he could be a bit more supportive when I'm not 100% but I think he is used to me being the solid and stable one in the relationship. Oh well. That's life. 
Hello to any new people who have joined the forum. Take care all ❤️

@Scoo 

Migraines = 😵😵😵 trust these abate soon.

Feeling a little reciprocated support would go a long way = hearing you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance