Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

Feeling for you @Scoo and @Mrsjones ..... 

Invest in even increments of self care, and remember to take some deeper breaths at times across the day.  It helps to moderate the physical impact of stress .....

Virtual hugs incoming 💕💕

Thank you @Whitehawk 

I will be with him every moment until I can get him into hospital hopeful tomorrow. Calling our local mental health services tomorrow for help. Mr Jones was not interesting in calling lifeline tonight even know i insisted.

I won't be getting much sleep tonight. 

As for help myself, no I currently don't have any outlets for that unfortunately besides the lovely people on this forum. 

Thanks again. I wish it wasn't so hard all the time. 

@Mrsjones  how are you today?

Thinking of you. 

Hello @Determined
Thank you for checking in. I am sitting at hospital now with Mr Jones to get him admitted, we got great support from the mental health team.
It will be a hard few weeks as the hospital does not allow visitors but obviously for all the right reasons.
I'm feeling very deflated but just going with the flow.
Thanks again

@Mrsjones  Have been in that position far too many times (sitting is a hospital  waiting  for admission) + deflated and going with the flow so really feeling for you at the moment. At least I was able to visit. 

Trust the admission process goes smoothly as is possible. 

Thanks for your contribution @Mrsjones it's really helps to know other carers struggle with similar issues. I hear you and I care sister. I think many carers who stay for the long haul become resilient people and we need to keep reminding ourselves of that. Hang in there and have faith and hope that we can do this 💕

💖 @Mrsjones  .....

Good evening everyone. There’s so many names I can’t remember them all sorry! But hi to you all. 

I’ve been meaning to check in here much sooner but then the old covid situation happened and well we all know how that’s going. I’m in healthcare so it’s been full on at times. Anyway, I was going to post to say husband had really taken on the home schooling well and was really supportive of me and my work and everything was hunky dory but as usual the beer makes an appearance and then the belligerent behaviour starts. Last night it happened. This morning I said I’m not interested in being in a relationship with someone who behaves like that. Blah blah blah he apologises but sure enough the same thing happened tonight! Although he really outdid himself tonight. In front of our children he said “well you better pick which one. If we’re going to break up you’re going to have to pick which kid you want. You’re not taking both off me”. So needless to say my 9 year old has been distraught all evening. I’ve had a very honest conversation with my son on how I feel about his dad and why he makes me feel sad etc but he’s a born worrier like me and I know this will affect him greatly. I’m so angry at my husband for doing this. He doesn’t even realise how he is behaving. Before this kicked off this evening, I noticed him slurring some words while he was talking. He would just deny it if I mentioned it but this is the point he gets to, but meanwhile  thinks he’s behaving in a perfectly acceptable way. What I said earlier is true - I am not interested in being in a relationship with someone who behaves like that, but I feel like I’m stuck with him. At least till the kids leave home!

I don’t expect solutions, this is more of a rant than anything. Thanks for reading. xx

Hearing you @CLA .... it wasn't beer, but other addictions and obnoxious behaviour along with it ..... and trying to take one of my kids.  It really sucks to find the person you invested yourself in turns out this way ..... but there are others in this hard place here too ..... sitting with you in the rant, and walking quietly along with you heart-wise.

Hugs incoming ..... 💕💕💕

How's everyone holding up? @Mrsjones @Scoo @CLA @Faith-and-Hope ??? Pandemic is kinda kicking my ass right now. I know I'm lucky because I work in healthcare and still have a job and a roof over our heads and food... But MsJ isn't able to work due to social distancing so we have a depressive episode with no outlet. It's hard to stay upbeat and on top of things right now when her depression is an obnoxious, cold monster 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance