Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Holty
New Contributor

PTSD

Hi I am new to this site. I have been diagnosed PTSD,  MDD, PERSONALITY DISORDER, ANGER, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, ANXIETY, PANIC ATTACKS.

My question to all, is neck, lower back pain and another physical disorders associated with PTSD.?

2 REPLIES 2
LittleSteps
Senior Contributor

Re: PTSD

@Holty 

Hello and welcome to the SANE forums 🙂 We are glad you have decided to join us.

That sounds like a lot for someone to have on their plate - it takes a lot of strength to reach out for support.

Here's a tip for navigating the forums. To 'tag' someone in a post, which means they will get a notification you are writing to them, put an @ sign in front of their name 🙂

The other reason I am messaging is because I am wondering if you have a medical practitioner you see, who might be able to answer your questions, and provide support? I would just like to let you know that SANE Australia is a peer-to-peer space and we are not able to provide professional or medical advice 🙂

I hope you enjoy your time on the forums!

- LittleSteps

hanami
Senior Contributor

Re: PTSD

Hi @Holty 

Welcome to the forums. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for support.

For me, when my anxiety is bad, yes I get physical pain as well. Pain in my stomach, tingling in my fingers and a few other things. I have terrible health anxiety so it became a cycle of worrying about physical stuff and then the anxiety getting worse. I would get anything physical checked by my gp to be safe.

Keep reaching out

hugs

hanami 💮

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance