Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

My day

I'm in bed having a cup of tea with honey and my Pug is beside me.

I'm still not in a good space today. I really need to have a shower but it's too cold (my bathroom is very cold and draughty). 

I managed to do some shopping today. I got all the ingredients I needed to make a guacamole dip and some chilli beef. I made the guacamole dip but not the chilli beef. I will make it tomorrow.

I'm proud of myself for being strong and not buying any chocolate while I was at the supermarket (I gave up sugar a few years ago). 

I can tell that my antidepressants are working (I had stopped taking them for ten days) because I have that horrible restless feeling in my body.

I'm grateful for my heater and my hot water bottle.

I'm very happy that lockdown has ended because it means I can pick up my bike. It's my 50th birthday in nine days so my bike will be my birthday present.

I was going to watch something on iView but I'm so tired that I will just have to go to sleep.

Goodnight 😴

5 REPLIES 5

Re: My day

Night @Arizona sleep well 🙏💜

Lost9
Senior Contributor

Hi @Arizona 

sorry you are still feeling down. BTW you can get no added sugar chocolate that tastes great and is a real treat. I buy it from Woolworths when it is on special. It is in the health foods isle. 
Hugs to you and your pug. Hang in there and happy 50th Birthday. Hope toy treat yourself.

lost9

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Hi @Lost9 

Thanks for your reply. I think I know what chocolate you mean. Is it the one sweetened with stevia? I think it's called Well Naturally. I used to buy it but I don't like the taste of the stevia. I have stevia in my tea every day, and I'm fine with it, but I don't like it in that chocolate. 

My favourite chocolate is called Pana Organic Sixty (with 60% cocoa). It is sweetened with coconut nectar and contains no sugar. The only problem is, they have stopped selling it at my local Coles store. I have been meaning to write to them about it. It is so rich and luxurious. I imagine it's the type of chocolate that Cleopatra would have eaten. 

Another chocolate I like is Green & Black's organic milk chocolate. That is very nice and not overly sweetened like Cadbury chocolate. It has sugar in it though. Maybe I will give up not having sugar so I can have that. I would only eat half a block (45g) a week. I think I'm going to walk my Pug to the supermarket and get some LOL.

Lost9
Senior Contributor

@Arizona 

Yes you are right. I think well naturally is the one I was thinking of. The Green and Black is good too. Chocolate was the best ever invention. Indulge yourself! And don't forget the Birthday cake.
lost9

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I walked my Pug to the supermarket and back. I jogged some of the way - only for about 5 minutes and only because it was downhill but I jogged LOL. My Pug enjoyed his walk and I bought myself some Green & Black's chocolate. It was on special so I bought two blocks, which means I have a month's worth of chocolate. So I'm officially giving up not having sugar. 

I'm going to make a cup of tea now and eat my chocolate. Then I will have a shower. I haven't had a shower since Sunday night.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance