Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Meiling
New Contributor

Motivation

Good morning Everybody..........I am really struggling with motivation as well so I made myself a fortnightly timetable . In the morning I have a set routine and a time limit.  I keep it in a scrap book on my desk or in the kitchen where I see it. I am strict with tidying up as I go, planning for the next day or two and having the house tidy before I go to bed. I know it sounds a bit OCD but if I don't I seem to be far worse with motivation. It is still not easy but it helps. I hope this post can help someone.

5 REPLIES 5
pip
Senior Contributor

Re: Motivation

@Meiling. I could sure use you in my life right now. I look at dishes/laundry/tidying up. Like I said I LOOK, I just plain can't be bothered anymore. I am in the middle of radium treatment and it tends to make you tired and you get to a point where you 'can't be bothered'. I have problems getting up in the morning. Like I said, I could use you BIG TIME to 'kick start' me.

Dear Pip , you have extenuating circumstances that seem to be muddling up your motivation. Do you have some one to help you get on track ? Then maybe have a plan for a simple life until you get on your feet. When I was very sick once I just ate really simple food, yoghurt, bananas, boiled rice etc that made no mess in the kitchen once I had cleaned it up. I hope this helps. Good luck

Hi @Meiling, welcome to the Forums and thank you very much for that tip.  I agree that it's really important to create your own structure when you're home - something that gives you a sense of purpose and achievement.  Nothing that overwhelms, tasks that feel doable. I used to create similar timetables with clients that they could tick off and get a sense of accomplishment from.  Small tasks that build up over time and allow for a greater sense of control.  It all helps.

Thanks for sharing 🙂

This is so true i take a day at a time with tasks i love the idea on food

Hi, some interesting comments re motivation.  I'm struggling, coming of my snri another week or so.  Was hoping I might stay off AD but I don't think so.Smiley Sad

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance