Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Making a commitment to self-care, and keeping it!

lol @Former-Member

I managed to keep a commitment to self care today, 

I was able to keep a counselling appointment despite being called into work for training at last minute (I left work early skipping out on training) and despite my darling having a bad day in my absence.   In time past I would have skipped my appointment in favour of work and supporting my darling. 

I did try moving the appointment but next available was in March. 

I'm not lurking @Former-Member I'm just a person of few words (unless I'm very comfortable)..

Besides, sorry but I've seen (& heard) pretty much everything.

No secret business would surprise me.

Although I can very easily shock people with truthful accounts of things that I have personally experienced...

Adge

Whoops 

Wrong thread.. 😲

@Adge just a bit of light hearted banter ...

Certainly nothing untoward intended @Adge, sorry if I have offended you.

It's okay @Former-Member At least you can maintain some "mystique"...

You don't have to share anything you're not comfortable with (& neither should I).

I'm not sure that I have any mysterious secrets, that I can entice anyone with...

Maybe I can invent some?

Adge

@Adge I can assure you that mine is not very mysterious at all, just being a tease.

Truth of the matter is rather boring, my Gran was almost a bearded lady and I want to get my lip and some chin hairs dealt with as a preventative measure, don't fancy having to shave when I am a senior citizen.

Yes, I think inventing something, particularly if it is funny, is a good plan Adge, perhaps as the thread title suggests, make a commitment to it, finding something to laugh about is great self care ...

Yes that's a good idea @Former-Member

You made me chuckle already (thinking about what I can make up) - & that's a good thing...

I had IPL treatments about 7 years ago to reduce hair growth on face & chest.

Somewhat painful.

They were very expensive, but not very effective (long-term).

Adge

I recently completed a jigsaw puzzle that my daughter’s boyfriend gave me for Christmas @Shaz51. I really enjoyed doing it. Hadn’t done one for years. Put some music on and worked away at it bit by bit.

Must see if there are any at the local Op Shop. Once you’ve done it, that’s it really so don’t want to spend a lot of money.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance