Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Making a commitment to self-care, and keeping it!

Good work researching @Former-Member

IPL is supposed to be permanent, & less painful than electrolysis - that's why it's good, especially with stubborn hair re-growth.

The problem is that it only works on dark-coloured hairs, & leaves the pale ones behind. I also did find it somewhat painful, especially on my face.

Adge

I need to work on reaching out for support (when I need it) - as a commitment to self-care.

Because when I'm most tired or overwhelmed etc - I tend to go quiet, & keep to myself.

Just when I probably need to connect with people (for support) the most....

I just practiced doing that (asking for support), by phoning Sane Helpline (I got through) for the first time.

Adge

I just followed-up today on a MH Support Group, that I initially made enquiries about, over 18 months ago.

As it turned out, I wasn't able to attend at that time - because it conflicted with my Psychologist appointment (on a Saturday).

My psych did not seem to support my going to the group (at that time) - now she has changed her tune, & supports the idea....

I intend to go to the support group for the 1st time this Saturday (19th of May).

The group only meets once a month, but it's a start...

Adge

Hope that goes well for you @Adge

Thanks @Determined
Adge

@Adge
Looking forward to hearing how it all goes.

Thanks @Former-Member

It's for greater social interaction, hopefully a shared sense of purpose, & maybe some mutual support.

It maybe mainly Bipolar-focused, which I don't have. I shall see.

I find that with MH groups - if available (there are very few here), I don't fit the criteria they have. So I'm excluded.

That also happened with some grief groups & grief support services, that I wanted to access.

Adge

Hello @Adge, @Former-Member, @Determined, @Catcakes,

hello @NikNik, @Adge, @Former-Member, @Determined, @Catcakes

how are you going with self care comittment , my jisaw puzzle is still on the table unfinished

@Shaz51@NikNik @Adge @Former-Member @Catcakes

Other than (mostly) sticking to my new diet plan my self care is on hold until I get past these next two assessment items.
(1x report and 1x exam).  Will be implementing a few more changes after my exam, this would be a good place to keep track of my progress Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance