Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

PS @CheerBear  I didn’t respond the other day to your response about well and unwell ones. I wanted to say that it’s good that things might have more hope/time. I can imagine the tricky at times with all the unknowns and the big emotions all round. It was also good to read about one of yours learning new things and bonding. It’s never too late for those memories to be made and that learning and connection to happen. 💜🤗

Grr I just lost a post and now only have a moment to reply!

I can only imagine the scary of having sociable, invincible boy kids driving @Teej 😖

Sorry about the confusing cryptic speak. 'A break from people looking for us' maybe might make more sense. It was big factor in my meltdown and break place stay last year and drove bonkers anxiety (and then some). The more time passes without hearing from anyone, the safer I am feeling. It's good 👍🙂

Gotta fly to a thing for the littler ones now. Nice to 'see' you this afternoon ❤😊

Ah I remember @CheerBear . Let’s hope that is not going to happen again. Have a nice time out 💜🤗

@Teej @CheerBear  I love being able to come on here and read your interactions with each other - it is like two old friends having a chat and supporting each other - always gives me a smile even when the content of conversations is tricky. You both support each other so well and that is something to celebrate. Heart

@Teej I hope you get some time with your Big - it would have been disappointing that you didn't have today as you had planned. Hopefully you will have some evenings at least where you can spend some time together. This gf seems to be very clingy so I hope your Big doesn't feel suffocated by all the time together Smiley Frustrated

@CheerBear It is wonderful that Big is venturing out so well on their own. It is no small thing to have to let go of those reins and you are doing exceptionally well in doing that yourself. It is also great to read that you are feeling a little safer in your world. We both know how hard that is to navigate especially when you feel like 'others' will try to find us and there feels like there is nowhere we can feel safe. I hope you can continue to feel a little more secure in your world CB - it is so important to have that feeling to be able to function each day. You definitely have my thoughts with you Hon Heart

You're so right @Teej. I'm finding the extra noise and movements of traffic quite challenging. Right now someone has music playing, and although it's not harsh, it's still noise. It really doesn't take a break in this complex. One thing I really enjoyed in my other house was the complete absence of noise. I loved it. I don't have a TV and rarely play my stereo, so I'm extra sensitive to it. I guess I could use headphones or ear plugs, but why should I? My whinge over now

Just checking in @Shaz51. Seems like ou're up early. How are you?

hello @CheerBear , yes I woke up and was wide awake , could not go back to sleep

think i am very tired , body , mind but not for sleep

mum had a fall on wednesday and broke her hip

thursday she had surgery

so between working and travelling 60kms up and back to visit and everything else

Mr shaz has physio on his shoulder tomorrow

and then he has a MI appt on tuesday

mum`s physio has her up walking a little bit today

Hello @Sans911 , @Zoe7 , @Teej , @Faith-and-Hope 

Oh no @Shaz51 🙁 No wonder you were having trouble sleeping with all of hat going on. I saw you up really early and wondered whether it might have been because you had lots on your mind.

Good to hear your mum is up and about today. As much as she seems in the wars she sounds pretty tough in a way too.

Big hugs Shaz. Hope you have some quiet you time soon ❤

Hiya @Sans911 under the support button. How's your weekend going?

@Teej hoping yours is going OK also for you and your sharks 🙂

tenor (1).gif

Hey there @Faith-and-Hope I’m at the respite house now. I still feel really low but am pushing through. I have a psychiatrist appointment coming up next month sometime. It can’t come soon enough!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance