Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: I’m leaving

Awe thank you so much @SleepyPanda  Heart

i agree @SleepyPanda 

@BlueBay Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @BlueBay 

It pleases me greatly to be able to say ...

WELCOME BACK

Sherry  😀

Welcome back @BlueBay. It's great that you feel supported here in the forum. Getting in contact with your psychologist is a great idea, you don't want to have to wait until September, is your psychologist responsive to email?

I’m sorry to read the first few pages of this thread @BlueBay. I actually had a bit of a sad shock as you’ve always supported me in my dark times. I’m very glad to see you back. Whatever happens know we’re all here to support you. My doctor is actually glad of the forums and has suggested I open up more.

I really appreciate you being here BB! 🧡💛

🤗👋💕 @BlueBay .....

Dear @BlueBay We have known each other, on here, a long time, and we live on opposite sides of the same bay.  

Heart

I have only just read this thread.You are very clear about the statements of your mh team and your responses. It makes sense to me why you feel as you do.  It was good to read the responses of many different forum contributors, their feelings and similar experiences. The forum is a social experiment in community and mental health.  Not all professionals in the field will know, have the training, or be aware of the benefits and full consequences of participation in this kind of online community.  When I first surfed the net online I looked for something like this, but could not find something.  We have all made it what it is and I feel proud to be part of it.

Smiley Happy

I picked up elsewhere that you were possibly struggling with a sense of being addicted to the forum.

Abandonment issues as we both well know, are a key part of of BPD.  Addictions may fill some of the gap in daily life and social activities and supports. As with most things I see addictions on a spectrum.  People can be addicted to walking and running if they use it in the wrong way. Personally I dont think anyone has given you enough support around basic misogyny and antiwoman bias I suspect runs in many families and society.  Anyway that is what I picked up early in your posting that you were struggling with.  Demanding you to say you love your family and still being exposed to non sensitive ways of relating is going to keep opening up old wounds and sensitivities.  Of course we love our offspring.

More Hugs Blue Bay. I remember before you chose the beautiful image of the bay as your profile pic.  That was a powerful choice you made.  A very positive non addictive decision. 

Heart

To be honest I was never sure that you would stay on the forum very long becasue you were in a lot of pain, but you persisted and persisted.  I see that as showing STRENGTH.  What is weakness or strength, what is healthy or unhealthy and addictive is unique to the individual.

Often we give your power to others, especially in the medical profession, and it is important to do that a bit, in order to gain help or expand our understanding and learn.  

You are a nonna now.  You come from a culture where women and maternal love can be very strong.  I love the idea of you walking and posting on the forum and feeling self esteem in both.  If you really need to leave, I hope that is a good thing for you ... in the long run.

Wow @Appleblossom  thank you for your post. I’m so happy we have met on here. You are special to me with your honesty. Thankyou so much. 

❤️❤️

Personally I dont think anyone has given you enough support around basic misogyny and antiwoman bias I suspect runs in many families and society.  Anyway that is what I picked up early in your posting that you were struggling with. 

@Appleblossom  I don’t understand what this means. Are you able to explain pls. 

life is a jouring for the individual, the community can help the journey for the benifit of all, as without support the individual and commuity will fail, stay on and help us all so we can help you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance