Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

LeFreak
Casual Contributor

I'm goal-less

I'm so confused with myself and I don't know what to do with my future. I don't know what job to get and everyone else around me are always so sure of themselves. I don't know what I should do because my dream job is impossible to achieve and is unrealistic. What do I do?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I'm goal-less

Hi @LeFreak,

Sorry to hear you don't know what to do with your future and feel like everyone else is so sure of themselves. Some people are really good at giving this impression about their life but perhaps many are simply making their way through one day at a time, too. Is there something in particular that makes you feel your dream job is impossible to achieve? Would you be comfortable sharing your dream job here with us?

Hi @LeFreak  and welcome to the forums.  I think just the fact that you know you want to get a job of some sort is a good place to start. That's a goal in itself.  

If your dream job was possible, just say it was - what would the steps be that are needed to get there?  Is it further training?   Are there steps up a ladder to get to it?  

If you want to talk more just @tag me  and I'll answer when I can.   Eth

Hey @LeFreak ,

Just checking in on how you're doing. How are you feeling about potential jobs at the moment?

Please feel free to keep posting and let us know your thoughts.

There are many jobs that I love and many that I hate. However, it is impossible to try everything. I just want a job that gives me enough money to live comfortably (not having to stress about it like my family does now) and keeps me close to home.

I quite enjoy science so I might be working in the science field (and also to have a good reputation in my family). The problem is that I enjoy art and music a lot more than science, but I know that you can't make a lot out of it. There are too many talented people in the art and music industry and I know that I'm no match for them, so the only option is science.

I quite enjoy science so I might be working in the science field and also to have a good reputation in my family. The problem is that I enjoy art and music a lot more than science, but I know that you can't make a lot out of it. There are too many talented people in the art and music industry and I know that I'm no match for them, so the only option is science.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance