Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Motivation = yikes @Radleritis images (79).jpg

Small successes = success

Do you have the energy to deal with one item today?

@Former-Member 

Today I am dealing with myself.

Going to the (very much needed) gym after a while. 

🙂

LoL @Former-Member 

Methinks I would be in trouble 🤣

@Radleritis  trust gym session went well.

@Determined  is it possible to get an update your roof situation without your blood pressure rising through it?

We are starting to arrange  quotes for some of the early maintenance/ renovation jobs that need doing here. Have a couple of jumpers that were given to me that have been set aside to go to op shop.

Still waiting to hear from.insurance re roof @Former-Member   but we are supposed to be having a quality auditor come to site to discuss our concerns. That may take weeks.  We have however received a verbal and written apology from insurance rep for the stress that has been caused .

@Former-Member 

Yes, it was ok. That is one of the things that I like doing, exercising.  🙂

Hey all. Spent most of the day sorting. Only got a small amount done volume-wise, but there was a lot of fiddly small stuff in it, so in that sense, it was significant enough. 🙂 I was working on some of the stuff that Younger Daughter had cleared from her room in a semi-unsorted manner...???

Lots of unwanted papers in the worm farm, soft plastics bagged to take to the supermarket for recycling, a bit of recycling in its bin, and a bag of general rubbish in the other bin. Beads and haberdashery oddments separated out, ditto pencils and pens. There's a bagful of "lost" items of clothing, and a much reduced boxful for Daughter to have a look over. Once she's pulled out what she wants, there may be the odd thing I'd like for myself, and the remainder should be rehome-able.

Tis late, I should get to bed. Hopefully I can continue the process tomorrow.

Fiddly stuff = hard work @Smc 

Salvos came today and picked up a couple of bits of furniture the vendor left 🙌.

Off to a new home they go. 🙂

I didn't end up continuing the "toss and sort" today. Too tired etc., for assorted reasons.

Tomorrow's another day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance