Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily goals, motivation and check in

Lol @Shaz51 we can't use the anything in the kitchen at the same time as the microwave even the fridge has to be turned off been thinking it's time for a new microwave

@Shaz51 @Well done. Good job for the morning. I just got home after spending the morning with friend and her child. Feel tired, a bit of headache and a bit overwhelmed. Already improved from yesterday.

Nice day here, sunny, no wind, quite warm. Sitting down now to catch some time out to relax.

Thanks for care.

Have a good afternoon.

@greenpea Thanks for post. Hope you enjoyed your morning walk with your son, time with family. I did go for an morning walk. That was lovely. The beach was beautiful. Then I have been with my friend and her child. Just got home.

Feel a bit overwhelmed. Now a bit sad. The friend is single mother and has sad stories of struggling. Makes me a bit sad too.

But I will play some music and have a cup of tea.

Have a great afternoon.

Take care.

@Meowmy 

Great to hear from you.

Smiley Happy

Your beach walk and time with friend sound good.  Most people have some sad stories and single parenting is hard.  It probably meant a lot to her and child that there was some sense of community. 

Heart

It seems surprising to me to be able to choose to do things that I like.  It did not come naturally at all. had to learn a new mindset. Last night I waved a lovely good bye to a lady who was important in me developing a positive lifestyle around music.  I has been 10 years now and it has also helped my son seeing me in good positive activities.

Todays plan was sleeping and I achieved it!

Smiley TongueSmiley LOL

@Shaz51 Good on you. 

Smiley Happy

My son has asked me NOT to the kitchen, which he agreed is his current job, and I have been waiting and waiting ... it takes stamina waiting so long ... and creativity to find something on which to eat ... til he returns home and does it.

Oh dear @Former-Member the twists and turns of parenting take a lot of love and energy.  Hope your holiday is good.

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom @Thanks for kind post. So good you have a positive lifestyle around music. Soothing things seem to be difficult to find and foster. When I was a child, it was easy to be excited by most new things . I liked reading as a teenager. After I got sick, it became hard to read. Reading seem to be unpleasant and brings on string negative feelings.

For long periods during my illness, I couldn’t find much soothing activities to do. I used to just pace and walk off all the anxiety and spare time or just sleep for long periods of time.

Recently, I tried to walk, play music , it all started to come together since I have been on the forum.

Thank you for kind care and support. It means a lot.

Glad it helps @Meowmy 

I went through a period of about 10 years where I was not really well enough to read or concentrate.  It was devastating as I also found books helpful growing up.  Slowly, slowly I have found ways of learning to read my own inner signals and make decisions around that.  It is a huge issue in mental health and ilness when we lose trust in ourselves as well as other people.  It has been a thing to come back from being in that feeling and headspace.

HeartSmiley Happy

@Appleblossom Thanks for kind post. It is very helpful. I am learning to grow out of deep depression. I will try to find happy things in me and others.

Thanks again.

@eudemonism @Teej @Appleblossom @Shaz51  My goal tomorrow is go for another morning walk and a swim and clean my room. @greenpea 

My goal for tomorrow is to do some exercise- it’s the only thing really helping at the moment so I am sticking with it 😊 hoping my fitness will improve over time!

My goal tomorrow - is to go to the beach for a swim and walk- if its raining I will just go to the pool and gym. Also intend to clean through the living areas. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance