Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Achievements!

Hi @Emelia8 

I’m so very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband Smiley Sad

Please know that I’m thinking of you at this really difficult time Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Emelia8  I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of your husband. You must be in so much pain. Sending my heart felt wishes to you, please take care 💞🌺🌹💞

@Judi9877 Thank you for starting this post.  Today I started sorting my photos on the iPad. It is emotionally draining to delete them even though I have printed them out. Something I have been putting off for a long long time.

@frog  my condolences to you too, hope you are coping with your loss 💞🌺

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the great comments on this new thread! It makes me so happy that you are each finding this post enjoyable and inspiring so well done to each and everyone of you😎👍!

Today, my achievements have been:

- Having a relaxing afternoon nap which I really needed;

- Downloading and reading a cross stitching magazine and getting some ideas from it;

- Having tomato soup for dinner which I haven't had in ages and was really yummy!

- Reading all these wonderful achievements here on the forums which are so enjoyable and so motivating to read.

Keep those achievements rolling along forumites! Remember, all achievements count whether that be as simple as getting out of bed for the day or as big as giving the whole house a clean! I'm so proud of every single forum member 👏 

Judi9877🥳

@Emelia8 

Heart

@frog 

Heart

Still sorting boxes.  Not done yet, but good inroads into the job.

Made baked dinner, which hit the spot.

Smiley Happy

thats funny because I also paid my car rego today.

My achievements for yesterday:

1. Remembered to take cancer meds

2. Completed visual photo tribute for hubbys funeral

3. Productive 2 hour meeting with celebrant who will conduct funeral

3. Forced myself to eat 2 small meals through the day

4. Made myself drink water throughout the day. Muscle cramps overnight tell me I need more

Getting there

Thank you to those of you who have expressed your condolences. 🙏🌹

Emelia 😔💔

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Emelia8 - so good to see you!!! Well done! re tribute photos (must have been hard), and meetings, and self care... Food high in magnesium helps cramps (bananas, potatoes...). Amazes me how we survive life's darkest moments. Just have to I guess. Wishing you lots of love, and tea breaks (every 2nd hour) 🌸💗🌸💗🌸

Thank you @Former-Member 

I bought bananas when I went into town briefly yday. Will have one for lunch.  I know I am dehyrated, just need to keep aware and remember to sip water more regularly.

Em. 🌺

@Everybody!

you are all doing so well and hearing the joy in the posts is really heartwarming.

Even a neurotypical carer, like me, needs to be reminded that the small things we achieve every day still count.

GREAT THREAD!

love to all

S xoxo

Hi @frog 

I just wanted to reach out to say that I’m so very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother Smiley Sad

Please know that I’m thinking of you at this very difficult time Heart

Take care of yourself,

ShiningStar Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance