Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Determined
Senior Contributor

Cycling for health. Virtual group ride

Screenshot_20210709-160804_Samsung Internet.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Cycling for health. Virtual group ride

Following on from our topic Tuesday discussion around exercise and health @bipolarbunny floated the idea of a virtual group ride page for the cyclists amongst us as an encouragement. Any one who has spent ant time on an indoor trainer will know how hard it is to be motivated to get on it alone. So a virtual group ride thread may help 😃.

So any ideas on how we would like to do this? 

1. Pick a time and all ride at the same time.

2. Commit to riding inside a 24 hour period. Time/ distance.

3. Pick a tour de france stage and Commit to riding that distance over a month. 

Thoughts and Ideas? 

@Eve7 

I think there may have been some other cyclists amongst us. Sorry if I have missed anyone, I will have to check back over the to discussion and tag anyone else I can find. 

wonderful @Determined 

@bipolarbunny@Eve7@Ant7 and there could be more 

@Former-Member, @Former-Member , @TideisTurning@HappyCastle@Rosie93@Daisydreamer@Fizz@frog@outlander@wellwellwellnez@SmilingGecko 

More than happy to join you any night on the Tour de France @Determined  but need repairs to bike and body before I can ride outside.

@Shaz51  Thanks for the tag in this group. 
@Determined @Eve7  and anyone else who is interested. I have been off the bike for about 3 months but I was planning to start a health kick starting with a ride on Monday so awesome timing 😊

Hi @Ant7  great to have you join in.

@Eve7  sounds great except I do most of my riding in the morning. I am pretty flat after past mid afternoon 😵

I try and tag along with the morning replay when I can. 

Managed a 40km road ride this morning on a rather hilly circuit so was pretty slow.

Planning a 2 hr trainer workout in the morning if I can drag myself out of bed early enough. 

I'm stayying up for the barty party tonight @Determined but I'll join you sometime soon,

Managed to get in 2 hr on the trainer yesterday .second hour  chasing the tour peleton in the morning replay. 

Wow those guys go faster uphill than I do down hill with a tail wind.

Legs are still wobbly after 6 weeks off the bike while I was sick but coming back to me. 

Hi everyone so I did it first ride in I don't know how long little bit sore but not too bad 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance