Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

SpiderLady
Senior Contributor

Cooking

While I am feeling  a little more upbeat today, I have cooked a big pot of curried sausages. Food doesn't have that much appeal for me at the moment but I know that I have to eat and healthy meals will stop me eating junk food. My curried sausages is minimum effort, but tastes pretty good. First I brown the sausages in a big pot with a little olive oil spray. Then I cut them into bite size pieces. Then I add a jar of curried sausages simmer sauce and a whole lot of mixed frozen vegies (that are wonderfully peeled and cut up already). That's it, just let it simmer on a low heat while the vegies cook. I serve with a small amount of brown rice. It is filling and does stop my comfort food cravings. I usually get 4 to 5 meals out of a big pot. It's easy to just put some into the freezer and heat in the microwave at a later date.The simmer sauce that I get isn't too hot and spicy either, just enough to give the meal some flavour. Hope that helps someone out who can barely be bothered eating, let alone cooking (how I am so often). Take care! Smiley Wink

87 REPLIES 87

Re: Cooking

Great, a food thread, I'm in! 🙂

That's thoughtful of you @SpiderLady to post a simple easy meal. I didn't even know you could buy a curried sausages simmer sauce...did you get it at the supermarket?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @SpiderLady , I love curried snags but no one else in my house eats it so I don't get it very often. I generally feel to exhuasted to cook dinner and look forward to the cooler months when I can throw stuff into my slower cooker in the morning and it's ready for dinner with very little effort on my part. Hope you have a good afternoon and enjoy your dinner later

TAB
Senior Contributor

Sounds delish @SpiderLady my mother used to do curry with layer of mashed potato on top it had sultanas in it as well , it worked

Hey @TAB that sounds yummy!
TAB
Senior Contributor

It was mince tho not sausages but good curried sausages are hard to beat esp w tom sauce or HP sauce lol @SpiderLady

That's a shame @Former-Member that noone else at your place likes curried sausages. I am so with you with the slow cooker. Chuck it in and forget until dinner time. I am not really a fan of cooking and that's why I cook big batches and pick a day when I'm feeling a bit better. I have been so organised today that as well as the curried sausages, I have made a pot of a kind of beef chow mein with rice and what are supposed to be stir fry vegies. I am just letting them simmer. It will still be healthy, just not as enjoyable as a fresh stirfry. I probably won't cook again for a week. The end of the day is my worst time (tired, depressed, pain) so I have my main meal at Lunchtime when I can. That means that I can cook late morning when I don't feel as bad. Have a good afternoon and I am sharing my curried sausages with you online and in spirit.
TAB
Senior Contributor

Yes @NatureLover. Both the big main supermarket chains stock it. It's in a glass jar and I don't think that it's very expensive either. I also don't mind cooking this because I only use one pot, less washing up. (Which I hate and sits and sits until it starts to stink.) It can be difficult to keep motivated don't you think?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I am glad you where able to get a few meals cooked today @SpiderLady  I hope you enjoy your curried sausages 😭 I am not a huge fan of cooking but I love to bake. Everyone in my house knows if mumma is in the kitchen and baking more than one thing, just back away slowly she is not having a good day. The end of the day is the pits, it is my worse time and I dread the night every night. Feel free to tag me in anything. I am always up for a chat. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance