Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Challenge of the day

@Teej  I would love to be in Tasmania for Autumn it is the only season I have not visited 

Hi @Teej @Ant7 @TAB @Maggie @Owlunar  and anyone else here.  Yesterday's challenge, which I only saw just now, immediately brought to memory my visit to Canada in September 2012.  The colours were so amazing to me after 13 years in the tropics with no autumn season.  I spent a few days at Crow Lake and it was just like this :

Forget New England: Fall foliage in New Brunswick, Canada | New ...

Heart

Wow @eth  that’s absolutely stunning.

Even though I’m in tassie, no signs of autumn where I am yet. But I found this on the net.

04876416-20CC-474E-8695-C5E0E0A10C4A.jpeg

Looking forward to your picture when it appears @Maggie  xx

Gorgeous xoxo

@eth , just wow oh wow with that photo. 

@Maggie I hope you get to see some autumn. 

@Ant7  I would like to see Tassie in autumn too. I'm in SA.

im not putting up a challenge today as I have a really busy day BUT I'd love everyone to put something up from their favourite challenge if they want......or more autumn photos.  I'm hoping after Easter things will be a bit slower for me irl. I'm hoping to be organised to put up new challenges at about 10am everyday next week. That's my goal anyway. 

1BE48B63-5E34-4F1F-AFE3-76E7A34DEE07.jpeg

Autumn foods looking cheerful in my kitchen .....

Hearking back to earlier posts ...

eatweeds.jpggoodweedsoz.jfif

Hi @Teej @Appleblossom @eth @Exoplanet @Owlunar @Snowie @Maggie @Ant7 @greenpea @CheerBear @Queenie @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Queenie and anyone reading.

Catching up on responding to some more of @Teej's challenges to us.

Challenge 1: what animal would you adopt if there was nothing stopping you giving a home to any animal you choose?

Others have said the same, but for me it would be as simple as a cat. I love 'em. Other animals are good too, of course, but I am strongly drawn to cats. I may have had more black cats in my life than any other, don't know why, though no cats in my home for a very long time now (issues about renting). This one is not mine, just a photo I like a lot.

night to day

Challenge 2: respond in any way, small or big, about what Autumn means to you.

I live in one of those places where most of the trees and plant life are fully green all year round. But I went on a long and memorable solo walk along the River Tay in Wales in Autumn last year. This painting, by David Murray (1849–1933), reminds me of it.

DavidMurray-RiverTay.jpg

@Mazarita  Mazzy I used to own a tortoiseshell cat when I was a teenager she would snuggle under my school jumper .... I loved that cat her name was Nina. I lived in Canberra for 13 years and my two favourite seasons were autumn and winter because of the dramatic changes of landscape. 

Nina looked very much like this

Tortoiseshell Cat: Over 30 Fascinating Facts About Tortie Cats

canerra in the autumn

Autumn Sunrise, Lake Burley Griffin, Canberra | Wall Art | Scott Leggo

what animal would you adopt if there was nothing stopping you giving a home to any animal you choose?

UnicornFoal.jpg

respond in any way, small or big, about what Autumn means to you.

It starts to cool down Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance