Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: 8 dimensions of wellness

Thanks @Former-Member for sharing this, hoping I can join in on this discussion. I'm not sure if this fits within environmental wellness, or maybe across several of the 8 dimensions & is something that was once shared with me by a wise woman: That everything we absorb is "food" So the music we listen to, the movies we watch, books we read, things we wear & put on our skin etc etc. 

My thoughts: I guess our environment is also food & the type of environment = the type of food. I know I feel a lot better when I eat healthy things and listen to uplifting music and connect with some plants/animals.... So, I try to minimise the amount of 'junk' food & maximise the amount of 'health' food that I take in through all of my senses, including not being around certain places/people or watching violent movies etc...

Finances I find to be a tricky one & am often a juggling acrobat on that front. I try to affirm that I have enough for what we need. (Band U2 lyric from A Beautiful Day: What you don't have you don't need it now) and I try to live simply & be in nature as much as possible. 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

images (91).jpeg

images (92).jpeg

@Shaz51  photography in the forest  = a wonderful way of connecting with nature.

📷🐞🌷

@FindingStrength

Lovely to see you. Yes we do need to look holistically and that includes our personal environment too.😁

@JS1 

Feel free to join in this discussion. 

very true @FindingStrength  and welcome my friend Heart

photography is soo lovely : @Former-Member , @Scoo 

yesterday i was sitting next to a lovely river relaxing and was able to take a phot of a lizard, a butterfly and a willy wagtail xxx

How can I open the images?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@FindingStrength 

The images go through the moderation process for approval before we can see them. For some pictures can appear quickly, others can take a good 1/2 hour or so (can vary with user). 

@Former-Member, @FindingStrength , @Scoo 

at my mum`s/ grandma`s house I feel soooo relaxed

I feel I do not ever want to sell this house , sooo many memories back to the 1930`s

Former-Member
Not applicable

Places where we have felt loved hold special places in our hearts @Shaz51 .

very true my @Former-Member , with inheriting my fathers house feels differnt xxx

@FindingStrength, @Scoo 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Is there something we feel we could do to improve our environmental wellness?

I know there are things I could do. Loved  how @FindingStrength  directly mentioned our personal environment which @Scoo also referred to in her move from a toxic environment and @Shaz51  also alluded to in how her family home gives her warm feelings.  I was starting to spend too much time on a YouTube channel that was negatively impacting my sleep and have had to be intentional in stopping this.

Decluttering our home environment has been an ongoing process for myself and @Shaz51  and if anyone else struggles with this we have a discussion thread on the forum Decluttering and home maintenance . 

Being out in nature and doing something to contribute to it also lifts my spirits. Each  time we walk the dog I see rubbish, sometimes broken glass and  a small way I could help is by picking this up and putting it in the bin.

images (97).jpeg

Is there something we feel we could do to improve our environmental wellness?

Hello @Former-Member , @FindingStrength , @Scoo 

things that I have done to improve my environment wellness

1) have cut flowers in a vase in the kitchen ( when I remember to do so )

2) i put our small change in a container and when it full ,i go and bank it  ( mr shaz is always surprised how much is in there

3) decluttering is good in the house and the yard  and very helpful for mr shaz -- ( our place is not clean and spotless -- no way , but it is tidy )

to improve our environment wellness , yes i need to and want to do more as @FindingStrength  has done

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance