Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

@Sans911 

Whatever way works and ia comfortable for you in the way you hold the yarn is fine, theres no real right and wrong way. Ive seen people hold it all sorts  of ways. You could make this scarf. Its just a double crochet all the way up till however long you want it (and make it the width you want as well). Youll need  an entire ball of yarn depending on sizing but i hope you can find yours  to have a go. I would be happy to teach you what i know if u need. Will the person helping you today continue to teach you? 

Can't see yet, and no the lady who taught me today was a first and last meeting @outlander

Oh bugger @Sans911 there are some crochet groups in Perth that you could join in with or they would be willing to help you as well if that something your interested in.
But i guess finding your yarn and a hook might be a good starting point..

There are courses available at a cost, just a matter of having the money when the time comes around @outlander

I found a really good crochet book from the library last week. And you tube is a great teacher too.

Still can't see pic @outlander

OK, I can see pic. Thanks lil Sis. It's gorgeous @outlander

You tubes how ive been learning too @Sans911 i cant read patterns and more of a watch and learn. Im sure youll get the hang of it when you start up.

The pic has been cleared from my end so hopefully you'll see it soon.

Thank you. Was good good making something different this time. Blankets take ages, the scarf only took me few hrs all up

You have a great skill there @outlander

Not just the crotchet, but you pick things up very quickly and you can grasp the concepts of it readily to use straight away. In other words lil Sis, you're one very smart 🥠 cookie

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance