Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Ace85
Senior Contributor

Re: Humour

b180a3c1784f22411f4c2488f19baa6e.jpg

Ace85
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom, I don't know that I've ever read Pygmalion, but I slightly remember seeing bits and pieces of My Fair Lady on the tv once when I was younger. I don't remember much about it except for Eliza's strange voice and the men training her to talk properly. The was an episode like that of the Nanny one time, where they tried to teach Fran to talk less 'nasal' so that she would fit in with the society ladies more, and she end up greeting one of the ladies by saying "how now, brown cow!"

Yes thats the sort of thing .. I thought "The Nanny" was hilarious too .. but that was much later.

What I have found is that when things arent at high pressure life and death and we can laugh at stuff it kind of anchors me in my body and emotions.  It stops me from disappearing into my head .. which I do an awful lot.

LustStarrr
Senior Contributor

I've got a joke:

The state of the mental health care system in Australia!

*ba-dum-tiss*

Nah, that wasn't a very funny one.  Hmm. . . 

What's brown & sticky?

A stick!

I can hear you all groaning over the lameness of that one from here!  Smiley Tongue  If you wanna really laugh, here's a couple of my favourite blogs that do come with the warning that you'll probably laugh out loud & embarass yourself while reading them in public.  I certainly have!  http://www.robot-hugs.com/ is laughs interspersed with feels, with some great mental health/gender non-binary/social justice, interspersed with some major feels trips.  But I think it's awesome.  The other blog is inactive due to the writer's battles with mental health issues at present - http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com.au/ The first posts you'll come across in the reverse-chronological order it follows are related to her battle with depression, but if you continue reading, you'll find yourself both laughing & crying while reading, & falling in love with Ali & her distinctive cartoons.

Enjoy!

Bill16
Senior Contributor

What did the man say when he walked into the bar ?

Ouch .
Bill16
Senior Contributor

Apologies
LustStarrr
Senior Contributor

So this guy goes to a zoo, buys a ticket, but when he gets inside, there's only one animal there - a dog.

It was a shih tzu. 😁😂😆
Bill16
Senior Contributor

Yeah ay haha

Great websites @LustStarrr

Being a catlady I appreciate Robot Hugs as well as her cartoons on privilege and interpretation

LustStarrr
Senior Contributor

I too was a cat lady until recently. My babies live at grandma's (my mum's) now though as I moved down south to be with my partner. ☺
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance