Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Shaz51
Community Guide

Daily Diary writting ( Hints and tips ) on how to continue ( encouragement )

Hello Everyone

How do you keep your daily Diary ??

some of us have been talking around the forum  about our keeping our diary up to date for appointments , how do you find it

I myself I tend to forget to remember to keep my diary up to date and remember to write eveything in there

, how do you keep it going ?.

@Zoe7, @Ant7, @Maggie, @Mazarita, @eth, @Exoplanet, @Wanderer, @frog, @greenpea, @CheerBear, @Queenie, @Time

16 REPLIES 16

X

X

Shaz51
Community Guide

Re: Daily Diary writting ( Hints and tips ) on how to continue ( encouragement )

same here @Wanderer

I am suppose to keep a diary on my diabetes, kidney ect , and when I went to the dietician , she did not even look at my food diary

I write all our appts on the wall calendar -- mine, mr shaz and mum`s but that`s about it

i do my sugar levels readings , but i don`t write down how i feel or what i eat then the Gp don`t even look at it

X

X

Shaz51
Community Guide

Re: Daily Diary writting ( Hints and tips ) on how to continue ( encouragement )

I have tried to get the DSP 3 times over the years @Wanderer, the last time they said I missed out by one point

X

X

Hi @Shaz51 🙂 Just catching up on a couple of tags and came across this one. I use Google calendar on my phone to keep appointments. My phone is always with me so as soon as something comes up I put it in there and in syncs across my phone, tablet and laptop. I find it really handy in helping me make sure I don't double book things and use it to set reminders too. I colour code things on there also (money stuff, kids stuff, my stuff, special events or days etc).

On a wall in my room I also have a big whiteboard and with a section where I write what's on for the week. I have a terrible memory for this kind of stuff but the little system I have works well for me 🙂

Hello @Shaz51 Heart

I put it straight into my phone - the calendar bit . . . with an alarm, if I didn't do that I wouldn't remember anything 🙂

[P.S. I'VE GOT A FENCE & REAL GATES!!!!! :D]

Hi @Shaz51, I write in my diary at bedtime. Woffling can be a problem, so save that for last, 

1. List days events (one line, expand later). I like to start line with apex time things occurred, including summary of chance encounters, mail, phone calls & tx.

2. Finish with something positive you noticed or gained or contributed today

3. List of to dos tomorrow

time & energy permitted - expand details on on summary list. 

Hello @Exoplanet, @CheerBear, @Wanderer

thank sounds great @Former-Member

@Wanderer, I forget to write everything down like Food, water , how I feel , aches and pains , ect

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance