Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Choosing a private health fund - advice needed.

@Ali585 , I got cover through a major insurer, with the same waiting period of 2 months you mentioned. Long story short, was screwed over by both the insurer & the clinic, got to attend one day of the program, so I cancelled my health cover. Now I'm searching for treatment options yet again! The government needs to realise the cost-effectiveness of funding programs of this nature - given the over-representation of BPD diagnoses among emergency room suicide attempts & self-inflicted injuries, it's honestly the logical conclusion people should be treated BEFORE they present.

And @mrkotter, no thanks, I was chastised sufficiently for starting this one! LOL

I am also looking at private health. I have never had an inpatient psych admission but i think i would like the option to go somewhere for a few weeks if i ever hit rock bottom again and that provides good follow up. For years i have been swapping psychs and GPs. I am tired of lookung for a soloution in the public system

My brief peek into the world of private healthcare has honestly left me wondering whether that's any better, to be honest with you. Sure, there's more services available & options for treatments we can only dream of, but I was just as disappointed by the experience as I'd been prior. Perhaps moreso, as I'd held such high hopes to be treated like a real patient worthy of proper attention for once.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance