Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

nashy
Senior Contributor

Landing Page Look & Feel! Changes, updates and feedback

Hey everyone!

We are in the process of continuing to update and improve our forum landing page design for both mobile and desktop. Below are a few examples of what the new updates will look like, we have tried to make the overall appearance less busy after feedback from some of our guides and others using our service.

final 2.jpgfinal 1.jpgForum Landing signed in Actions closed-1.png

There's also a screenshot of the mobile view for new registrations which we'd love your insight on.

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.17.52 pm.png

I am going to tag the wonderful @eth @Teej @Shaz51 @CheerBear @frog @Faith-and-Hope @outlander as they also have a bit of insight into this, if they're around they may be able to provide some ideas too 🙂

If you would like to drop a line here, please go for gold. If you'd feel more comfortable feeding back to the team directly, please reach out via team@saneforums.org, thanks in advance for helping improve your incredible forums for existing and new users Smiley Very Happy

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Seeking Feedback - Landing Page Look & Feel!

@nashy Disappointed to see that New Members and Our Stories has been included together. I still believe that is alienating for some existing members and these should be kept separate.

Thanks @Zoe7 I will add this to our feedback for the team, appreciate the insight.

@nashy Several of us have had similar views on this and it was discussed here in the previous post around this change with @s-jay Whilst I respect that you are taking on this feedback now it seems our previous views when asked for have not been taken on - and that is disappointing. Several members had strong views on this change and I would hope that is looked at closely.

Hi @nashy @Zoe7  I really like the way that you and the team have decided to change the look of how the forums look, including the input from past CGs. Well done! Like @Zoe7 however, I do agree that New Members and Our Stories should be separate because I believe that Our Stories is a continuous thread and that like MH, people and things change and evolve. New Members should be a specific area to welcome new members and show them around the different areas of the forums. It could also assist CGs to act as a 'light' to become aware of new members joining the forums and assist accordingly. I hope this makes sense! 

@nashy Where has the original thread talking about these changes, especially regarding "new members and our stories", gone? I searched, but couldnt find it. I was one of the members who commented on this topic, along with@Zoe7 .  I was going to post a link to that thread to save saying again, what my thoughts on the matter were. Does that thread still exist? Has it been deleted or am I just searching in the wrong area? It was around Feb/March I think.

Sherry 

@Judi9877 Thanks so much for that input, can hear a theme here so will let the team know about this concern Smiley Happy @Former-Member Thanks for flagging this, let me follow up and get back to you here today!

Heya @Former-Member this is the other thread I have found, but can see your post is not in there. Sounds like there may be another thread that I am missing too 🤔 I apologise for this. We really want to consolidate all of this feedback. I am taking some leave next week, but we have our new Community Manager starting soon as well as @Lauz  back taking on some tasks here and there, so please feel free to flick an e-mail through to team@saneforums.org with any insight on this previous thread and we'll get one of the crew to do some digging. It's important your ideas are consolidated for when we go back to the design team. Thanks again @Former-Member and @Judi9877 @Zoe7 

Thanks @nashy , but thats not the one.  As I said, I think it was around Feb/Mar? And there were a few threads created at the same time, both on LE and Carers sides. All to do with renaming some of the sections. If I recall correctly, all other suggested changes were universally supported. The only one that drew quite a bit of discussion, and objection, was the proposed change to "new members and our stories".

My name wont appear on the thread if it was in Feb/ Mar, unless I signed off as Sherry. So it could be former-member.

I think I was first to respond, followed by @Zoe7 and I think there was maybe a full page or more of responses. I dont know why I cant find it with a search. 

Enjoy your leave @nashy .

Sherry

@nashy I too went searching for the other thread that @s-jay started asking about the change of name for that section of the forum but could not find it. The one you have linked here is not that thread. There were numerous responses on that thread - mostly opposing the combining of Our Stories and new members so it would be good to find that - maybe ask s-jay where it has gone as we had a discussion with her on that thread.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance