Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

Join the Community Guide team - applications are now open for January 2022 🎉

Hi there SANE Community, 

Join the Community Guide team - applications are now open! 

Our SANE Forum members provide such incredible peer support across the forums, which is what makes our community such an incredible place to be. The Community Guide role is a chance to recognise the amazing work you are already doing, and build on your skills of peer support. 

If you are interested in taking the next step to get more involved on the forums, are interested in learning more about peer support, or want to develop your skills in supporting others, we invite you to apply!

Want to join the team? Complete the application form here!

What does it mean to be a Community Guide?

Community Guides (CG's) are members of the SANE Community that regularly engage in the forums by providing knowledge, offering peer support and helping to role model the forums principles and culture. 

They live and breathe the forum values, caring for the community and its members. Those who become CGs are typically already leading and role-modelling within the community, most likely without even realising 🙂

Why become a Community Guide?

The Community Guide Program is an opportunity to work alongside a passionate team of peers, work closely with SANE and develop your skills in peer support. We will work with you on your goals, and provide you all the training and support you need to thrive in the role 🙂

We see so many members already stepping up to take on a leadership roles in the forums. The purpose of the program is to formalise what many Senior Contributors are already doing well and offer additional support to grow new skills, build confidence in providing peer support and continue the great work to maintain a thriving community.

Many of our Community Guides might be looking at opportunities to get experience in supporting others before studying or stepping into the mental health workforce, or are invested in building the forums for all who access it!

What's involved?

Community Guides spend two hours per week on the forums (structured at their own leisure). They provide peer support, help to build a sense of community, and role model the forums culture and principles. You can read more about the Community Guide Program in the document attached.

What support is available?

• Six online training modules to develop your skills in peer support 
  • A month of onboarding activities to help you get to know the team and settle into the role
  • Monthly check ins via email with the SANE team
  • Monthly live check in with the Community Guide team and a Community Manager/Peer Worker
  • Self care plan and a community guide activity plan to help you set goals
  • A section of the forums where Community Guides and SANE staff to communicate about upcoming events, to give and get ideas and advice, and to provide feedback when required
  • Individual communication with a Peer Worker to develop your skills and debriefing as needed

How to become a Community Guide:

The Community Guide role is open to the Lived Experience Forum and Friends, Family and Carers Forum members.

To apply to be a Community Guide, the person must meet the following criteria;

• Must be a Senior Contributor of the Forums. Senior Contributors are those who have posted at least 30 posts on the Forums.
  • Must be interested in doing this role for a minimum of 6 months (however, we know that circumstances change, participation will fluctuate, time out for self-care, holidays, etc. can be needed)
  • Must have not broken the Community Guidelines more than 3 times in the past 3 months (if you aren't sure, feel free to contact us at team@saneforums.org
  • Evidence of supportive and positive posts to other members
  • Evidence of inclusivity and non-judgemental engagement in the Forums
  • Evidence of self-care practice and help-seeking behaviour
  • Feel comfortable in reaching out and supporting others

How do I apply?

To apply, complete the application survey! Applications close COB Monday 17th January 2022. We will be letting applicants know the outcome of their applications by the end of January 2022. 

We have around 10 Community Guide roles available 🙂 We hope you apply!

If you have any questions about the program, you are more than welcome to reach out to the SANE team at team@saneforums.org 

Looking forward to welcoming our new Community Guides to the team!

45 REPLIES 45

Re: Join the Community Guide team - applications are now open for January 2022 🎉

Hi there Senior Contributors 🙂 

I am tagging all our amazing senior contributors who have been online in the last 3 months. 

The Community Guide Program is now open! If you are interested in taking your peer support to the next level, learning new skills and working with SANE to help the forums be the best place it can be, we encourage you to apply! Many of you are already demonstrating the skills and values in line with the Community Guide Program 🙂 

We have recruitment to the Community Guide Program every 6 months, so there will be lots of opportunities into the future as well!

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at team@saneforums.org 🙂

We hope to welcome more Senior Contributors to the Community Guide role very soon!

- Daisydreamer  🌼

@1stepup61  @2qwerty  @AEB  @AlwaysHappy  @Angels333  @Anon4  @ArtistZ  @Bellarose75  @Bezak482  @Bill16  @BlueBells  @Boo13  @BraveOne  @ButterflyWings  @Former-Member  @Carlachris  @Former-Member  @Cin  @Coffeelover  @Corny  @Crazy_Bug_Lady  @CrazyChick  @Dark_Olena  @davidharper_bal  @destructive  @Dimity  @Eden1919  @Elac  @Engineer  @Eve7  @Everan  @Exoplanet  @Former-Member  @Fee1  @FindingStrength  @Flax  @Fredd50  @Grasshopper3  @greenspace  @HoneyOne  @Hope4me  @janedoe2  @jay2  @ArraDreaming  @Jo-anneJoy  @JungleGiants  @Kateeg84  @Krishna  @Last-Lament  @Lee82  @Former-Member  @Lise07  @Lost9  @LostAngel  @LustStarrr  @M_P90  @Ma60  @Maelstrom1  @MaryMahem  @Matt12  @Oaktree  @MIFANTCARER  @Millieme  @mishyanne73  @nony  @Olga  @Owen45  @P12  @pancakes  @patientpatient  @petrichor  @pinklollipop15  @plasmo  @Powderfinger  @RedHorse  @rivergal  @Sam3  @Scoo  @Sehnsucht  @SJT63  @Smc  @Sophia1  @Sophie1  @Starta  @still_bookish  @Sweet_cheeks  @Tay  @The-red-centaur  @theaveragejoe  @Time  @Tinker67  @Unlonely1  @UprightRabbit  @Wanderer  @WIP  @znp 

Re: Join the Community Guide team - applications are now open for January 2022 🎉

@Dimity , I think you would be a wonderful community guide my friend 

Hi @BlueBay ! Are you interested in becoming a community guide? It's totally in you especially because you love supporting others.

I know things are challenging for you at the moment, but I just wanted to put the invite out there to you.

Take care my friend,

BPDSurvivor

Thanks !

Thankyou. You're very kind @Shaz51 .I'm not sure what's involved but I'd be too nervous (I have severe anxiety). You and the other Community Guides do a great job. 

Hi @Dimity, I completely understand Heart When I started my first volunteer role, I felt really nervous too. In fact, I would say many of our community guides have felt the same thing too!

You would be an amazing community guide, and we would be here with you every step of the way to support you through those nerves, and help you find the areas you are most interested in. Of course, you know what you need best, but if we can support you we will!

If you have any questions, or might be interested at a later time, please feel free to email me at team@saneforums.org

Hmmm @Daisydreamer I wasnt tagged. Where literally everyone else was. 😔

Guess I'm just not one of those "amazing senior contributors who has been online in the last 3 months".  Speaks volumes. 🌷

But no matter ... I am not interested in applying anyway. It just would have been nice to be included.

Emelia 

@Emelia8 you will be amaz,ing community guide and there is lots of members who would agree with xoxo 

Come and join me 

And about tagging @Daisydreamer did miss a lot of members xx

Hi @Emelia8 I am so sorry, that was completely a mistake on my part, I searched the list of senior contributors but it didn't seem to include those who had been online the 24 hours before- I need to check to make sure I haven't missed any other members as well. 

You are absolutely one of our amazing senior contributors, and I am very sorry for this mistake! I hope you know you are valued, and that this was an oversight Heart 

I do appreciate you letting me know, as there might be other members missing from this tag list as well. I will rectify this now

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance