Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Who's who in the zoo: Meet the moderators

Hi everyone,

My name is Mosaic and I’m one of the new Forum moderators!

A little about me – I love food, cooking, travel, music, gardening and animals… especially cats!!!

Most of all, I am intrinsically fascinated by people. I call it a privilege that in my line of work, I get to hear the amazing stories of those who live with mental illness. I look forward to coming alongside you all on the Forums, as we journey this life together!

Look forward to ‘seeing’ you all around on the Forums!

Stay cool!

- Mosaic

Hello everyone,

I'm EmJay and I have worked for SANE Australia for 3 years and am now joining the moderating team! I have a background in mental health and associated studies. I am very excited to be joining the forum team and to be involved in such a great space.

A little bit about me… I am very passionate about animal welfare and love all animals. I live with dogs, rabbits and occasionally some foster cat/kittens. I enjoy watching t.v. shows at night and love early morning walks with the dogs.

I very much look forward to reading your stories and experience.

Hello everyone,

I'm Suzanne and I'm joining the mod team from SANE.  Like my colleagues before me, I'm really excited to be taking part in this Forum.  When you first step in it seems like a very welcoming, helpful and respectful space.  I hope that I can play a part in helping to maintain the friendly and supportive vibe.

I've been working in mental health for quite a few years now but I'd love to be able to hang out in the Forums as a 'person' as well as a 'professional'.  Hopefully that makes sense.  The 'person' bit of me still has challenges, bad days and periods of being overwhelmed and uncertain.  And the 'professional' bit of me tends to be better at helping others than myself.  You may well be the same 🙂

When I'm not at work I tend to hang out with family and friends.  There's generally food involved 🙂  I'm not really a hang-gliding, surfing, action-adventure kind of a girl.  I'm more about comfy chairs, good conversation and a few laughs.  Any day that includes those things is a good day for me.

I'm looking forward to connecting with you in one of the threads.

Hi everyone!

I'm Shimmer and I am really excited to be joining the SANE Forums moderation team!!

A bit about me: I love spending time with friends and family. I'm passionate about learning, especially about how to help others experiencing mental health issues. Beach trips down the coast with good friends are my favourite kind of holiday. I enjoy playing sport and reading in my courtyard with my cat in the sunshine. Cat Very Happy

I believe it is so valuable to have the opportunity to share experiences, support and strategies with others living with mental health issues, either themselves or supporting a loved one. Everyone has such diverse experiences yet it is clear already on the Forums that there are many common threads between us and we can learn so much from each other.

I look forward to connecting with you all!

Shimmer 🙂

Hello Everyone!!

Lunar here moderating for Sane! I am so excited to get to know you all!

I have a background in mental health and a strong interest in helping others as well as learning about their experiences and ways of coping through life's ebbs and flows!

To know about about me I would have to inform you that I am a crazy plant lady, I love plants in particular cacti and ferns! Second to hanging out with plants I also love going on trips to the coast or inland to rainforests to photograph and adventure 🙂

Looking forward to knowing you all a bit better!

Lunar 

Oh look what i found

What a wonderful tread

Hello @Lunar, @NikNik, @Shimmer, @suzanne, @EmJay, @CherryBomb and all the other  moderators,

@Former-Member, @Former-Member, @DuneJumper, @lola, @Squirrel, @Mosaic

as you know , I am doing a birthday tread  and I have some of your birthdays , but I would like them all

Hi everyone, 

Hope your all having a nice and relaxing Sunday so far. 

Rooney10 here, I'm one of the new moderators. I chose my name as I quite enjoy watching Rooney the football / soccer player in the UK. I also have a dog and love walking her everyday. I was looking for a picture of a dog playing football but stumbled across these pigs having a game and they look like they're having a fun time!

I have a background in social work and am really looking forward to getting stuck in to some of these threads! 

Lovely to find out more about you 🙂

@Former-Member - are you a Man Utd fan or Everton now? I'm Red Devils all the way. 

@Bookworm are you new?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance