Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Getting logged out frequently

@NikNik@Pepperpot@Faith-and-Hope, as far as I'm aware this has been a long standing problem with the forum. I too have just learned to live with it because it is too hard to try to work out when exactly it happens. It seems erratic really. 

Mostly, when I come to the SANE forum after having closed down the page, I need to log in. This can be after a very short amount of time. Almost always when I go to the forum from an email notification, I need to sign in. Again, this can be after a very short time of being 'off' the forum (I never sign out manually and always have the 'keep me signed' in option ticked). 

The weirdest thing is that, I often get to the SANE forum from a notification and it 'half recognises' me. What I mean by that is that it shows how many notifications I have on the 'alarm bell' notification button on the site. But when I try to answer a post or go to the notifications page, it asks me to sign in.

The way it does this, as I have indicated above, is never clear, so makes a step by step outline of it difficult. There is clearly some real bug in the system though.

I use both desktop and mobile when accessing the forum at different times. I don't always have to sign in but most times.

The username and password are always there for me to sign in with, either way.

Hope this makes some sense. It would be awesome if this bug was fixed somehow. It's been going on for more than a year, maybe two.

@Mazarita, thank you for sharing your experiences too. Yes, it would be awesome if this was resolved. Thanks again everyone.

@NikNik, @Margot, @Lauz having trouble getting onto the forum and getting no emails from the forum at all

I sendt a email to @Lunar

I got on here the very long way around

Ohhhh @NikNik, @Margot 

it is working again yaaaaaaaaa Smiley Very Happy

Hey everyone 🙂

The tech stuff sounds really frustrating. I can see that @NikNik is already looking into it so I'll leave it in her capable hands for now.

In the short term, something that may help is deleting your browsing history, including 'cookies' - the web kind, not the delicious kind. Following this, try restarting your browser and logging into the forum again.

I hope it helps for some  👨🏼‍💻

Hi everyone,

This is a tricky one because it could be something to do with the Forums, or with your settings (or both).

So here are some more questions to help us:

Are you using mobile? If so, the forums logout when you change IP addresses. For example, if you went from home wifi to your phone's data, it would log out.

Could you also let us know which:

Browser make and version (if possible)
Operating System and version (if possible)

and let us know if you have any Anti-virus and security software installed.

Fingers crossed we can try and work this out. 🤞🏻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance