Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Pepperpot
Senior Contributor

Getting logged out frequently

Hi moderators and IT staff,

I’m sorry, I tried searching for an IT helpdesk in the search bar, and maybe I was using the wrong terminology but I couldn’t find one.

So I have come here to ask as I don’t know where to post this (sorry if it’s not the right thread).

I registered as a forum member yesterday and roughly every 10-20 minutes, I kept getting automatically logged out even though I selected the “stay signed in” option.

I reached out to a friendly moderator for help (thank you so much @Jupiter) who kindly suggested that I try a different browser. I did that last night and it worked brilliantly 😊

But today, I noticed it’s happening again (i.e. automatically being logged out every 10-20 minutes) so I’m hoping someone from the IT department might like to look into this?

Thank you so much 😊 Really appreciate it. Keep up the great work everyone 👍

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Introduce yourself here

Hi there @Pepperpot,

I’m really sorry to hear you’re having technical difficulties. We will aim to get back to you by the next business day when our technical support team is online. If you could provide us with as much information as possible about the difficulty you’re having, that will be really helpful.

For example:

-       Your forums username

-       Any error messages your seeing

-       Step out the order of the process you took

We will try to get back to you asap.

Take care,

Bookworm

Hi @Bookworm,

Thank you so much for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

- Forum username: Pepperpot

- No error message appears (I have been automatically logged out every 10-20 minutes so I have to sign in again).

- Usually it occurs when I’m either returning to the “home” page, “sane forums” page or roughly after 10-20 minutes has lapsed, and when I try to post or “like” something, I will be asked to sign in again.

- Although I think the most consistent element is time i.e. being logged out every 10-20 minutes regardless of what I’m doing on the forums.

Thank you once again 😊

@NikNik are you able to assist @Pepperpot with this at all? Smiley Happy

Re: Getting logged out frequently

Hi @Pepperpot

I hope you don't mind, I moved your question into its own thread - particularly so ppl who might be have the same experience can find this thread 🙂

Can I ask a question question before I take this to the IT team - when you're asked to log back in again, is your username and password already filled out or do you need to fill it out again?

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon!

Thanks

Nik

I get logged out frequently too, and have just been living with that issue.

HI @Faith-and-Hope

When does this happen? After you have been idle for a period of time, or while you're in the middle of things?

When you go to sign back in, do you need to fill in your username and password or is it pre-filled?

All info welcome 🙂
Thanks

Hi @NikNik,

Thank you very much for your help. Sorry, I hope this isn’t causing you and the other moderators too much trouble. I really appreciate your help 😊

I’m perfectly happy that you moved my posts to its own thread so no issues there. It works for me so thank you.

Good question. I didn’t save my password previously so I would have to manually fill it in again each time. But I tried saving my password when I logged in today to see if it will make a difference. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks so much to you too, @Jupiter 😊

Hi @Faith-and-Hope, oh, you too...I hope you’re having a good morning

@NikNikwrote:
HI @Faith-and-Hope

When does this happen? After you have been idle for a period of time, or while you're in the middle of things?

When you go to sign back in, do you need to fill in your username and password or is it pre-filled?

All info welcome 🙂
Thanks

Hi @NikNik  👋

Both.  I sort of expect it when I have been idle for a little while, but then sometimes I am still connected.  Other times changing threads, or changing sides of the forum seems to be enough to require a re-set.

On my iPad the username and password are pre-filled ..... on my phone - not ..... but they used to be pre-filled on my phone as well, and I don’t know why that facility has lapsed.

It has crossed my mind, particularly with my phone, that I might be experiencing low-signal areas.

Hi @Pepperpot   👋

Thanks for raising this.  Let’s see whether the team here can get on top of it for us   😊

Fantastic, thanks @Faith-and-Hope 😊

Thank you everyone 😊
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance